This policy describes how Mat&Max (collectively, “Mat&Max”, “we”, “us” or “our”) collects, uses, and shares your personal information.
Note that we do not intentionally collect any personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, you can look at our websites, but you should not make a purchase, register, or submit personal information to us.
The following are examples of the personal information we collect:
- Newsletter subscribers: Name and email address
- Mat&Max members: Name, email address, billing address, shipping address and phone number
- Customers who made a purchase *: Name, email address, billing address, shipping address and phone number
* Mat&Max does not have access to and does not collect information relating to the credit cards used on its site.
In addition to the previous elements, we may use the certain technologies to automatically collect information about your activities on our websites, in particular but not limited to:
- Flash Cookies.2
- Web beacons, clear pixels, or pixel tags.3
- Web server logs.4
- Geo-location technologies.5
Use of your Information
Mat&Max primarily uses the personal information that it collects to provide you with products, information, and services. We may use your information to track your purchase history, suggest products, and to contact you for account and promotional purposes. We may also use your personal information for other legitimate business purposes, including to detect and prevent fraud, to collect amounts owing to us and to maintain business records.
Sharing of your Information
Mat&Max may share your personal information in certain circumstances, in particular but not limited to:
- Service providers: we may share your personal information with companies that perform services for us (including affiliates acting in this capacity), such as fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mails, analyzing customer data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, investigating fraudulent activity, conducting customer surveys, and providing customer service.
- Social Networks, Widgets, and Plug-ins: if you use any features made available to you on our website by a third party it may result in information being collected or shared between us and the third party. For example, if you use Facebook’s “Like” feature, Facebook may register the fact that you “liked” a product and may post that information on Facebook.
Mat&Max may share de-identified information (i.e., information that is not directly connected to your name) in the following circumstances in addition to those identified above:
- Aggregate information: we may share de-identified aggregate information about our customers with advertisers and marketing partners.
- Behavioral-based advertising: a third party may use technology (e.g., a cookie) to collect information about your use of our website and other websites so that they can provide advertising about products and services tailored to your interest. That advertising may appear either on our website, or on other websites.
Protection of your Information
The file containing your personal information is maintained on our servers or those of our service providers and is accessible by our authorized employees, agents and mandataries who require access in order to perform their job functions. We realize that our customers trust us to protect their personal information. We take that task seriously and maintain reasonable and appropriate physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to help protect your personal information. While we attempt to protect the information in our possession, no security system is perfect and we cannot promise that information about you will remain secure in all circumstances.
Choices Available to You
You have the following choices with how your information is used:
Updating or Correcting the Personal Information Relating to Your Account
You can update or correct your name, e-mail address and other preferences by logging into your account and clicking on the “Profile” page.
Receiving newsletters and promotional e-mails
You can click on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any promotional e-mail that you receive. You can also edit your e-mail preferences on your “Newsletter” page in your account.
Behavioral Based Advertising
You can opt-out of some, but not all, online behavioral based advertising by clicking here or by using your browser settings to block cookies or notify you when a cookie is set.
You can remove content that you posted on a Mat&Max, such as a comment, by e-mailing details to firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that we will endeavor to honor your request to remove information, however, our removal of your information does not completely erase that information from the internet. For example, historical copies, or "caches," may remain.
Withdrawal of consent
You may also withdraw your consent to our collection, use and disclosure of personal information at any time, subject to contractual and legal restrictions and reasonable notice. However, if you withdraw your consent to certain uses or disclosures of your personal information, we may no longer be able to provide certain of our products or services.
If you have any questions about our privacy or security practices, or of you would like to request access to or correction of your personal information, you can contact customer service by e-mail at: email@example.com
Your right to access or correct your personal information is subject to applicable legal restrictions. We may take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
If we need, or are required, to contact you concerning any event that involves your personal information we may do so by e-mail, telephone, or mail.
Changes to this Policy
Last update: September 1st, 2020.